17 July 2017

Project Life Cycle ~ Stakeholders (who is my customer?)

Greetings Dear Reader,

When you think of a customer what comes to mind?  When it comes to project management that question has several correct answers.  That is the crux of it.  When we ponder who we serve we have several things we must satisfy. 

Stakeholders are out customers.  They have vested interest in the outcome of the project.  They include both internal and external entities. Those for whom I work are stakeholders.  The company with whom my company contracts the project has stakeholders.  We do not speak of it enough but both are customers.

Then there is the oft forgotten end user.  Whatever our project is producing there are those who will be impacted by it who are not present in the process.  The end user must be considered a customer and should be thought of as a stakeholder even though they have little if any involvement in the project process. 

When it comes to my personal philosophy of project management I simplify it greatly.  Anyone who touches or is touched by my work is my customer.  They are not always right but they always matter.  They are always worth the effort to hear and support. 

If I approach business this way then I must also approach life this way.  Everyone; family, friends, neighbors, strangers, and enemies are my customer.  Everyone who touches or is touched by my life is a customer. 

When I fail to put Christ first I endanger that customer relationship.  I fail to show my “product” in the proper light.  It is in assuring that I do what is right by them that I assure that I am following Christ properly.  So much is at stake in this life that I dare not do less.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment