30 July 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ My Reply is NO

Greetings Dear Reader,

When one inverts the Magic 8-Ball® one gets an answers Five percent of the time that answer is “My Reply is No”.  Of the twenty possible answers five are negative.  There is a fifty percent chance of getting a positive answer, twenty-five percent chance of a neutral one, and twenty-fiver percent chance of a negative one. 

What we first need to consider it the context in which the answer is being given.  The negative answer is neither good nor bad without context.  The question that is asked will determine the timbre of the answer.

If I ask the ball, “Will I get a pearl in this oyster” the reply disappointing.  If I ask “Will I get food poisoning from this vending machine tuna sandwich” and the reply is no then the reply is reassuring.  For every answer, the value and feeling is determined by the question.  It is also impacted by the attitude and hopes of the asker.

The most negative of answers can be definite and final.  The serious of situations can have a negative answer that we do not desire.  Still the answer may be no.  Still the asker can determine his or her response and attitude. 

A no answer that I do not want does not mean that it is the wrong answer.  It is an opportunity for me to do what is right no matter how I feel.  It is an opportunity for faith.  When it comes to the choice of fighting the answers that are no that I cannot change, I must ask, “Am I going to let the answer I dislike determine my heart and actions?”  My reply is no.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment