26 July 2017

By Faith ~ Authorial Intent

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a writer I often face the          question of what I intend by what I write.  This is one of those areas where unthinking people foster ideas that serve individual purposes and not the greater good.  It is a basic foundation of communication that something means what the author intends it to mean.

This is one of the ways that we do what I was pondering yesterday.  We put too much baggage into what Jesus told us by ignoring the intent of the authors of the Gospels.  An example would be the way we ignore the intent that redemption is through faith alone.

The Father never intended for us to earn his favor.  The system of sacrifices in the Old Testament could never redeem us.  The intent was for them to serve as a place holder until Christ completed the work of redemption for us. 

It is not faith plus anything you can think of to add.  It is faith alone.  It is faith that is required.  The intent is that faith start our small and grow.  It is not to be made complex.  It is not intended to be hard. 

I must not defy the intent of the author of my faith.  I must not add anything to faith as a requirement for my reclamation.  I must live out my faith so that others can see it.  I must evidence the intent of the author in all that I do.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment