28 July 2017

By Faith ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I said earlier in the week, we all have faith in something.   The current climate in my life necessitates that i exercise faith actively in areas that are usually easy for me.  I do not like not knowing the answers.   I do not like being unable to give easy answers to others.

I have hope.  I am doing well.  I was able to spend some time this morning with a dear friend and reassure him that I am well.  I was privileged to renew my position that if my faith is not enough when I am in diversity then it is useless altogether.  This is truth Dear Reader.  If my faith only sustains me when things are good then it is not my faith that sustains me.

 Faith is the fuel for my journey.  Each day, each moment must be lived in faith.  If I do not live the high and the low in faith then I am not living by faith.  Circumstances and the fortunes of life are not what determine my life.  I cannot follow Christ and cling to a job, a human, or a thing and say that I follow in faith.

My kindness and generosity must not go away because I think I lack.   I must not be less loving and compassionate because I feel alone.  I cannot live by faith and count on things to sustain me.  

Once again thinking through faith reassures me that I must stand in Christ alone.  It is in him that I live and move and have my being.  It is in this that if find peace, hope, and sustenance.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment