23 July 2017

By Faith ~ Creation and Evolution

Greetings Dear Reader,

Before I dive into this I want to be clear.  I believe in intelligent design.  I also assert that this can live in harmony with honesty concerning science.  My intent is not to give an apology for that here.  It is, rather, to put my thought in perspective to the relationship between faith and the argument about creation and other origins theories.

Those of us who follow Christ need to understand what we believe and why.  We need to realize that we cannot prove intelligent design.  We must be content with the fact that it is logical.  We must be a peace with the idea that we have to have faith in what we believe.

What we must not do is create false “evidence” for what we believe.  What me must never do is argue and hate in the name of those beliefs.  We must listen to honest science and find the common ground.  We must realize that if our beliefs require falsehoods to stand then they are not worth believing.  If we have to be unkind to assert them then we have the wrong perspective.

I do not to reconcile that my faith teaches me creation and there also seems to be an older world that one would think.  What I must do is avoid the arrogant failure of thinking I understand everything. 

Recall that this examination of faith sprang from my study of the letter to the Hebrews.
It begins by asserting the Jesus created all things.  No matter how far back one must go or how that process unfolded I have faith that this is the truth.  Perhaps if I honestly hear all thoughts on the matter I will find a path to the truth. 

What I must not do is forget that I am commanded to live by faith.  I must protect honesty and integrity in my thinking.  Perhaps others will see reason in the logic of intelligent design.  Even if none of this occurs then I will have done what I am required to do: live by faith.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment