20 July 2017

By Faith ~ Show it to Me

Greetings Dear Reader,

Take a moment to take out your faith and look at it.  You say that you cannot.  I agree.  Faith is not tangible.   It is the thing that is evidenced by our actions.  It is the fuel that powers them. 

What is faith then?  It is the foundation of the things for which I hope.  It is how I prove my confidence in the things I have not witnessed.  This is not just in relationship to Christ.  It is in all things in which we invest ourselves.  It is why our faithfulness to our word is so vital.

The proof of what we believe in all things is reflected in how we act.  My faith cannot be taken out and shown to you.  I can evidence it through what I do and how I live.  If I do not show you love Dear Reader, then how can I tell you Christ loves you?  How can I claim to have faith in that love?  This does not mean that I must put myself in harm’s way or endure toxic treatment.  It does mean that I walk the tightrope between safety and failure to love very carefully.

I dare not ask someone to believe if I am not willing to live my faith.  I dare not say that I have faith if I am not willing to put hands and feet on it.  When crisis is upon me if my faith does not work in that moment, then what good is it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment