25 July 2017

By Faith ~ Baggage

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that we do as Christ followers is add baggage to faith.  We insist that there need to be things we do to prove we have faith.  I need to be clear that faith is evidenced by what we do.  It is also necessary for us to do things that show we have faith.

This does not mean that we do what others say we “have” to do to prove to them we have faith.  We do not need to subscribe to what a denomination or church says we must be to prove our faith.  Jesus requires that we love and act in loving ways.

We are required to be holy, righteous, and set apart for God.  That does not mean that I get to deiced how that is lived out for you.  It means that I am responsible to live it out for the sake of showing the Father that I love him.  Obedience is evidence of love. 

What I must not do is add baggage to faith.  I must not tell others they must do this or that.  I must constantly direct them to do what is loving and kind.  I must echo specific things that Jesus tells us not to do but I must do so without judgement or condemnation. 

I must have faith that the Father will make all things right.  I must have faith that the Son will draw ALL people to him as he promised.  I must not add any baggage to faith even for the purpose of helping others follow.  The purpose of redemption is freedom.  The way of redemption is faith.  I must follow in faith.  I must not carry anything that is not connected to this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment