07 July 2017

Freedom ~ Choice

Greetings Dear Reader,

I feel I need to draw the distinction between will and choice.  I can make choices as an act of will.  It is not logical to proceed that choices are forced upon us.  We may be forced to choose but there is always a right choice. 

The right choice may seem impossible or un-doable but we still can choose it.  We are responsible for all our choices.  We may be the “victim” of the consequences of another’s choice.  We are still able to choose our response.  The freedom to choose comes with the great responsibility of the consequences of our choices. 

No one believes when a man abusing his wife says, “look what YOU made me have to do.”  It is always his choice to abuse her.  It is always wrong to do it.  Instead of taking responsibility for our choices we try to mitigate them.  We may say, “I did not have a choice.”  There is always a choice.  We are always responsible for those choices. 

I have made poor choices and poor excuses for those choices.  The freedom to choose means that I must choose what is right no matter the personal cost.  I can provide all the situational justification I wish but that is not truth.  Truth is that I can choose.  I do choose.  In following Christ I must always use my will to choose what is right.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment