27 July 2017

By Faith ~ Hands and Feet

Greetings Dear Reader,

Someone asked me this week what type of leader I think I would follow.  He listed several different aspects of leadership.  Right away the answer was clear. 

To lead others one must embody every aspect of leadership at some time and sometimes all of them at once.  The connection to faith is that I must assure that I lead others by my faith.  I must become the embodiment living by faith by putting hands and feet on the clear aspects of the Gospel.   Faith without works (living out the Gospel) is dead.

It is clear that love and care for others is what we do to show evidence of our faith.  It is clear that understanding who others are is a clear path to showing that love and care.  It is not my place to approve or disapprove of another’s life and choices.  That is a conversation that the Father reserves for his leadership.

It is vital that no matter what state another is in that I possess genuine love, compassion, and care for each individual.  It is vital that I show that love by meeting the needs of others without condition or expectation.  It is my responsibility to be the hands and feet of the Gospel in faith that the Father will work out the results. 

You see my obligation is to love and provide in faith as obedience to the Father.  It is not my job to make sure that this act results in something.  That is conditional care.  That is not the way it works.  If I obey in faith then I have done my job.  If I add expectations then once again I am adding baggage to the task.

I must also be wary that what I am told is acting in faith is not cruel, unkind, unloving, and lacking in compassion.  It is in following the great commands in faith that I can give substance to my faith.  It is being a man who trusts his leader in the moment.  I must remember that our leader, the one I follow, Jesus assured me that he would make all things right. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment