31 August 2017

Captains Courageous - Fear

Greetings Dear Reader,

"You know as well as I do that fear exists for one purpose, to be conquered." – Kathrine Janeway – Voyager: The Thaw

If one discovers what he or she fears and conquers it one can accomplish almost anything.  Fear kills the mind and hinders action.  It debilitates and destroys.

When we look at all the problems in the world they can arguably be traced back to fear.  Despots and tyrants rule through fear.  One may say that there is greed for power and control.  At the heart of both is a fear of something.

It is our fear that keeps us on the ground when we can fly.  It is our fear that holds back from the great adventures.  When we move out of fear we actually fail to move.  I have made my worst choices out of fear.  I have done the most harm I have done in life because I moved out of fear.

We use fear to motivate others to do, to buy, and to join.  Perhaps the reason that we do this is because it gives us control.  It gives us power over others.  From advertising to governing we use fear to work our will on others.

My Grandfather would always tell me that “It is OK to feel afraid.  It is never OK to let the fear be in charge.”  Fear is a foe to conquer.  I must defeat it and assure that it has no purchase in my life.  I can listen to it and hear what it has to say.  I must not allow it wo have sway. 

Following Christ requires that I see the fear for what it is and deny it the power to hinder my journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment