19 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Yes Definitely

Greetings Dear Reader,

The contrast between “Yes” and “Yes Definitely” may not be obvious.  Depending on one’s perspective the addition of definitely can be positive or negative.  In either case the addition is intended to dispel doubt.

People doubt for many reasons.  Sometimes it our past actions that cause doubt.  Sometimes it is their past experience that yields the same.  Still we want to dispel it when we make our yes definite. 

It is more important for me that no matter my past failings I establish an ongoing consistency of trust.  The simple answer of yes needs to be enough.  I cannot do anything about the doubts of others but love them and live the truth.  I cannot dispel the past.  I can only let my yes be yes and my no be no.

This is who I am commanded to be.  When I am not then I am not following Christ.  I cannot undo the wrong I have done.  I can live a life where love with integrity crushes the barriers I have helped create. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous22/8/17 03:31

    Even when we say yes there is still a looming amount of doubt, we look for the reassurance that yes actually means yes. We need to start working on the fact that we have to take every word into account with Christ and say what we mean. Become people that other know when we say yes we mean it. If we say we are praying for you, we mean it. It is hard some time that's why we must strive to follow Christ in all things.

    ReplyDelete