20 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Twenty Answers

Greetings Dear Reader,

On the twenty faces of our icosahedral prognosticator we have a fifty percent chance of getting a positive answer.  The neutral and negative are divided between the other half equally.  When the ball is flipped, half the time the answer should be positive.

Here then is the quandary I consider.  I have a question.  I have had this question for ten years.  At least once a week I asked this question and flipped the Magic 8-Ball®.  In each case the answer was one of the neutral answers. 

This is statically impossible so I tried a friend’s 8-Ball.  It also revealed a neutral answer on several attempts.  The mathematical impossibility grew with each attempt.  I only had a twenty-five percent chance of getting a neutral answer and yet it kept coming up a hundred percent of the time. 

I am not a seeker of signs and portents.  My faith is based belief not events or fleeces.  Still when I am at a crossroads do not know where to turn, I accept that there is no such thing as chance.  The book of Proverbs teaches us that “the lot is cast into the lap but every decision is from the Lord.” 

When it comes to the ball I must presume that the physics of this are controlled by the Father as he controls all things.  This sounds crazy but no crazier than dozens of neutral answers that should only occur twenty-five times out of a hundred. 

Things I Never Knew – Pat Terry

Lord I have a question that I haven’t found an answer for
Noting seems to make it go away
Your Book was strangely silent when I turned the pages in it
Though I thought you’d surely have a word to say

I have had this question for some time without an answer
There’s a different view in everything I’ve read
At times I thought I knew it but when it got down to it
It was just some words that someone else had said

If only I were with you when you walked down here among us
We could have talked it over face to face
Though I know you never left me all alone know I long to hear your voice
Hear your words, touch your face.

Oh one day you will come for me
I’ll kneel before you humbly
We’ll talk about the things I never knew
And all the things I couldn’t see
Will simply be explained to me
In words that could only come from you

Until that day I’m waiting here with upturned face and open ear
And if my questions never bring me truth
I’ll be satisfied to know
That when my time on earth’s no more
I’ll have eternity to talk with you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment