22 August 2017

Captains Courageous ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

For fifty years I have been influenced by my relationship with an elite group of people.   These are the men and women who have owned the center seat of a starship.  To deny the impact of the various Star Trek series on my life would be dishonest.  Their philosophies, actions, and impact have shaped much of my thinking whether their impact was as counsel or foil.

My relationship with James T. Kirk began when I was six.  The others, Jean Luc Picard, Benjamin Sisko, and Katherine Janeway came much later but have had their place as well.  Even Jonathan Archer has contributed to the chorus of thought.  It is not his fault the writers and producers failed him.

As I think through the changes in my life that are ongoing and beyond my control I turn to these noble characters for their input. They so often served as …” thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes, peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close.”   In this present time I wish to ferret out the things they say and weight them against the light on the marshes.

I wish to also prepare my mind and expectations for the new Star Trek frontier on the horizon.  A new show has been long overdue.  I hope it is not disappointing.  Enterprise was.

More important, I need to assure that whilst I have so much time to myself that I bolster my charter with the things that inform it to be better.  I need reminding of my first duties and how to assure that I do not take a wrong path just because it is easier.

You too are valued counsel Dear Reader.  Your company on this part of the journey would be valued and welcome.  I will follow the Captain of my soul ship first, but since all truth is his, I will remind myself of the truths that guided me even before I knew my place as his follower.  Moorings are clear.  Ahead one quarter impulse (for the moment).

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment