07 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Better Not Tell You Now

Greetings Dear Reader,

More frustrating perhaps than “Ask Again Later” is the response “Better Not Tell You Now.”  The difficulty is that I perceive a bit of goading in the latter response.  There are times when one must withhold an answer. 

The difficulty is that there is a clear difference between having to withhold an answer and being dishonest.  Then the second layer is honest withholding of information and being sure that one is not being taunting or cryptic.  Both are necessary for those times when answers are requested but not forthcoming.

I struggle with not being cryptic to the point that it is necessary for me to actually state that I am not being cryptic.  I like to lead up to things.  I like story as much as I like the information.  Apparently not everyone shares this.

The difficulty with not being able to reveal things is that I want people to know the whole story.  This is not always a good idea.  This is not always honorable.  Issues such as privacy, work product, and proprietary information necessitate the guarding of my words.  The truth is vital but at times the whole truth must not be disseminated. 

It is my obligation to be clear without violating my obligations to the truth and to privacy.  It is also my duty to avoid indulging my pride when I must withhold information.  “I better not tell you now” must be followed with a clear explanation of my duty to be clear but keep information for specific purposes.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment