21 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is an episode of the Big Bang Theory where Sheldon decides that he will make all his choices based on a roll of the dice.  Obviously, this is foolish.  One who believes in chance should not let chance deicide if one should go to the bathroom now.

Then there is random selection when one does not have an answer and must have one.  My mind runs back and forth between using random selection or not deciding.  I have a process for deciding when I cannot choose and I must.  I do, however, find that I enter a very uncomfortable area.

What it always comes down to is the same affirmation and choice.  Everything I do must be done in faith that I am following Christ.  Every choice must be one of faith.  Every action must be taken as one of faith.  I must not seek for signs and portents.  I must seek counsel.  I must use wisdom.

If all of this does not give me an answer and I must act then I must allow the Father to choose for me.  “The lot is cast into the lap but every decision is from the Lord.”  I ponder over and over how assuring it is that there is no such thing as random chance.  There is nothing more important than acting in faith; good faith. 

I must exercise that in everything and not just the uncertain choices.  It is supposed to be a filter for all that I do.  I am supposed to journey by faith not sight.  I am required to use it even when the answers are obvious.  I want acting in faith to be the norm not the exception.  You may ask how that will turn out for me.  All that I can say is that I must do as I am told to do.  As for the resolution: I cannot predict now.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment