27 August 2017

Captains Courageous - Prejudice

Greetings Dear Reader,

"Why are you so surprised? Whenever a group of people start believing they're better than everybody else, the results are always the same." – Jonathan Archer – Enterprise: Cold Station 12

We seem shocked when the violent results of allowing prejudice to thrive become evident.  We compare the quiet common prejudice to the blatant and overt and pretend there is a difference.  I suppose there is.  The blatant is at least honest.  It is still wrong and they not honest about the truth but it is honest. 

There has never been a successful time when claiming superiority over others has worked out for the good.  I have written before about the fact that my faith claims to be the truth about who God is and the way in which he deals with humans.  I understand that there is an arrogance in this that can breed prejudice and supposed superiority. 

That is why faith hinges on humility.  That is why at the heart of the gospel is the command to constantly be aware of the needs of others.  That is why our fallen state, our sinful natures are the great equalizer.

I cannot for a moment forget that I possess a treasure, freely given to me, that I am to freely share with others.  I am not to judge, condemn, hate, or feel superior in any way.  I am required to see everyone beating heart as one to be loved in kindness and humility.  When I think that I am superior to anyone else for any reason it is in than moment that I am low and in the greatest need for forgivness.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous28/8/17 22:27

    People have taken their beliefs to be right and just and there for they believe they are Superior to others. In faith we must fight this ideal. We must share God's teachings with out pushing people down and stepping over them to show the Word. We must remember we are humbled in God's love. That it all

    ReplyDelete