09 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Concentrate and Ask Again

Greetings Dear Reader,

This particular response only occurs In the Magic 8-Ball® and in my head.  No one has actually said it to me.   It surfaces in my head when I think that I am being unclear or that my listener is being obtuse.  

I strive never to get irritated when I must concentrate and ask again.  I fail more often than I would like.  The truth for me is that I am more impatient teller than listener.  I choose all my words carefully and in my pride, I wonder why people just don’t get it.  This is an excellent opportunity for me to learn more grace, patience, and humility. 

When I take the time to concentrate and ask again I find that I am more patient and show more compassion or understanding.  Perhaps I give better information.  Sometimes I find a new and better way to say what I am saying. 

Good communication is so vital to good relationships.  It must always be my endeavor to communicate well.  I must be clear and kind.  I must seek to understand before begging to be understood.  I must always put the moment of good repour ahead of the moment of understanding and both must precede my urgency for agreement.

In communicating well I can assure that focus my mind on following Christ.   He is Dear Reader the living Word and the final one on all matters.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/8/17 01:51

    Communication is everything. And it's so simple yet so complex. We are so blessed to have a God that understands all our thoughts and intentions. As fallen humans we don't have that but with others we must take our fathers lead in that pause of compassion and patience in our communication with each other. It's hard sometimes to follow that. But we must keep trying!

    ReplyDelete