03 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Very Doubtful

Greetings Dear Reader,

Doubt is such a dangerous thing.  It rises from our fears.  It rises from the failure of faith.  It is not something that makes us better.  It is also not wrong if we deal with it well.

What we fail to see is that in the moment of doubt we have a choice.  We get to choose how we respond to doubt.  We get to exercise faith, the other side of the doubt coin.  I realize that it sounds like a platitude but in the moment it may be the best choice.

If my faith is real then the moment or hours of doubt must be the summoning call to exercise it.  If I claim to live by faith then the rise of a storm that makes me doubt has the shelter from that storm in it. 

My problem is that I want to know what is next.  I want certainty and answers.  Demanding these things that I think will make me secure is not the path to peace.  Without faith I cannot follow Christ.  If that is the fuel to following then I must see it as more than a platitude to be told to use it. 

My doubt is ferocious.  It screams fear and despair into my mind.  My faith in Christ alone brings me solace.  It does not consume my need to know but it gives me direction.  It gives me a foothold.  It gives me protection from the storm if I wish it.

So it comes down to the ever-asked question, “Is faith enough?”  Once again I must exercise faith.  I must also change the question.  I must change it to, “Can I make it without faith?”  The answer for me is very simple, very plain, and sounds like a platitude.  My answer must be, “Very doubtful.” 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment