14 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ You May Rely On It

Greetings Dear Reader,

For those of you who are regular readers you know that when I write thoughts in a series I tackle an aspect a day until I am finished.  Because of this, on longer paths I do not always know what will be unfolding in my life when I reach a certain thought in the topic.  This gives God opportunity to work out his sense of humor in my life.

It is the nature of life that we must rely on certain things.  I think we live in a constant imbalance in this area.  We rely to much on the things for which we think we have all the answers.  We put our security in things that we think are stable and fixed.

The problem with this approach is that things are never as stable as they seem.  A company is sold to another company and seven hundred people are found redundant.  On a Thursday they are told they no longer have a job.  On Friday they no longer have insurance.  If they have relied on that paycheck with no contingency dire straits are on the horizon.

We rely on our families in many cases.  They fail sometimes.  Sometimes they learn from their failures and work to be reliable again.  Sometimes they repeat the pattern of failure no matter how often they say they understand and will stop.  Sometimes they just do not care.  Sometimes they walk away to pursue their things never considering the years of devastation their children come to rely on.

I must be reliable.  I have not always been so. I must also realize that I must not rely on others for anything without a contingency.  I do not mean this in a harsh way.  I do mean that I must recognize that only the Father and the Son are the family that can be completely counted on when they say “You may rely on it.”

Sweet River Roll – Waterdeep

Homebound Henry's he’s got a tumor in his head
He wakes up sweating every morning after dreaming he was dead
He used to think that life was boring, but now that's not the case
He turns to his wife in the evening
He says "Honey I'm afraid I'm gonna lose this race"

Sweet River roll all over me
Sweet River roll, hey all over me

Soaking wet Juliet, she lives in a well full of tears
Her husband left her for some bimbo after twenty-two years
Now she's got to start all over, but she's just so terrified
She thinks it woulda been so much easier if he woulda just died

Sweet River roll all over me
Sweet River roll, hey all over me

Now I'm lookin' out my car window sittin' in the pouring rain
Although your house is fifteen miles away, I can still feel your pain
Now I've thought and prayed and worked it
Through about a hundred times or more
How your soul just cries to everyone to help you get up off the floor

Right now it's morning, you're probably sleepin'
I bet you're totally unaware
Of the flood of kisses you hold back by the way that you despair
It ain't me I'm talking about here, or anybody else you can touch
That's all I want to say right now, I don't want to say too much

Except Sweet Jesus roll
Roll all over me
Sweet Jesus roll, hey
All over me

Sweet Jesus, oh you has to roll, hey
You gotta roll all over me
Sweet Jesus, oh You has to roll, hey
And use to set me free
Ahh just set me free, hey

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment