13 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ As I See It, Yes

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is a picture in one of our family albums from when I was a teen.  We are at an outing for my dad’s business.  I am about to depart for college and my youngest brother is a toddler.  The picture is of toddling along holding my hand.  Only my hand with my massive school ring shows as the focus of the shot is my brother.

In that picture my hand and class ring look large because of the small size of my brother.  I am looking at that same ring right now.  It looks small and insignificant just held in the palm of my hand. 

So many of the differences in our world are a matter of perspective.  When we discuss things with others from the mundane to the universal is so often comes down to where we stand when we are looking at the issue.  We use values, information, and beliefs to color in the black and white of things to construct our perspective.

“As I see it” always implies perspective.  From where I stand it means that there is information behind the assertion that is being offered.  The agreement has been weighed in the scales of perspective.  This is both good and bad.

The counsel of others always comes from their perspective.  It is why we must seek the counsel of those who understand ours.  Our choices must be informed by good counsel.  In making it good we must consider the perspective of those we ask.  We must always take I to account the source of our support. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15/8/17 02:05

    This is a hard one. But I see what your saying. I think in all options are like arm pits and they both stink. Lol I think the same with perspectives ... people gather their own perspectives from their past situations and not from the present love in Christ... as Christ followers we must have a perspective only in Christ... and not on OUR flaws and others around us.

    ReplyDelete