05 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Reply Hazy, Try Again Later

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are often so poor at communication.  We do not always say what we should or need to say.  We fail to communicate honestly.  In order to avoid risk we parse what we say. 

The intricacies of communication can be complex and frustrating.  We ponder what we should say, how we should say it, or if we should speak at all.  We give hazy replies to clear questions or in asking vague questions we entrap others. 

When I am uncertain I have to choices.  I can communicate clearly that I am uncertain or I can give clear communication.  What I must not do is give hazy replies.  I must be clear.  I do not need to tell everything I know.  I do not need to be painfully blunt. 

When it comes to communication I almost always like the circuitous route.  Too often I overuse this device.  I like the long lead into things.  I enjoy building a foundation for my point.  This is not wrong but it is not always appropriate.

What I must do is speak the truth in love.  This is the command.  This is the guideline for communication.  We can use truth as a weapon to harm others if we do not speak it in love.  We can use love to be deceptive if we do not embrace the truth. “The world is too dangerous for anything but truth and too small for anything but love.” William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment