30 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As hoped I am writing this from home.  The journey was free of incident if one discounts the illness of a toddler.  At least one of the adults in the car was tasked with keeping him comfortable as we traveled.  I found that I was thankful for the cooperation of my children in exercising this care.

As I close out this year’s writing on gratitude I was to be sure that I express that I am working toward showing it in every moment.  If I regularly review the blessings in my life it is easier to show gratitude for all of them regularly.  It is also easier to combat greed. 

As I prepare for the Christmas season I want gratitude for what I have to supersede my desire for things.  I want to find contentment in the moment every moment.  I want to marry that contentment to godliness.  Moving through the world in this way can benefit others.  

I hope this portion of the journey has benefited you as well.  As I sit at home comfortable and rested I realize how much I have to be thankful for in every moment.  Filling moments with that thankfulness can result in a life of gratitude.  That is a life worth living.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment