22 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Orion

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I wrote about the stars and I mentioned that today is Orion’s birthday.  My eldest Grandson turns four today.  I am so very thankful for him.  He has changed all our lives in so many ways.  He is intelligent.  He is kind.  He can already outwit us when he wants something. 

Beyond that he has drawn things out of me that are precious and vital.  He makes me want to be calm.  I need to be as close to Christ as possible so that I can be a good example.  My prayers are deeper.  My heart is more loving. 

I feel more connected to everyone.  I realize that who I am with strangers influences who I am with Orion.  I understand that I must be consistent, committed, and free of pretext.  As I celebrate this child today I am filled with a passion for gratitude.  I am carried away with the joy of God’s gift of family.

In this moment as I prepare to decorate, cook, and celebrate I want to tell the whole universe that I love the constellation of boy and spirit that is Orion.  He is a bright spot in the nighttime for us all.  Happy Birthday Orion: I love you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment