05 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Freedom

Greetings Dear Reader,

As most of you know yesterday was Election Day.  I voted.  Let us consider that last sentence for a moment.  Those two words contain so much power.  I live in a nation where my voice has meaning.  Even when I feel weary of the political ads and politician posturing I am thankful for the freedom that I have.

I also have freedom in Christ.  I can choose so many things in the way I live out my faith.  I can worship as opening or secretly as I wish.  All that Jesus demands of me is faith and following.  He does bind me to a system of laws or practices.  He simple asks that I love the Father with all my heart and that I love my fellow humans.

If I am to have a grateful heart I must not squander either freedom.  I must promote it.  I must embrace it. I must live it.  It is a part of my responsibility to live the truth in any way that I can.  I must appreciate the freedoms I have and the responsibilities that are bound to them.

I cannot just have the freedom.  I must have the responsibility.  I cannot do whatever I wish.  I must function within the guidelines that make freedom possible.  I must love and respect others.  I must see that there is law that governs both my personal freedom and the freedom I have in Christ.  There are consequences to moving outside of either.

I have not seen the election results yet.  No matter how it turns out my faith informs me that God is in charge anyway.  I must be thankful for the freedom I have in every moment and always remember that true freedom is only found in Christ.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment