26 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Family

Greetings Dear Reader,

This will be the first time that I am in Georgia for Thanksgiving in fifteen years.  The weather seems odd and reminds me of standing in the November rain waiting for the school bus.  I will meet relatives I have never met today.  I will see others I have not seen in seven years or more. 

As I think about the things I am thankful for one of them is the diversity in my family.  We do not always agree and we do not always get along.  We do love each other.  We do help each other when we can. 

I have driven through the night to be here.  I am excited about tomorrow and being with people I love.  I pray for them.  I hope for them.  I long for a day when we can all gather with Christ for that eternal reunion that has neither tears nor pain.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment