21 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – The Stars

Greetings Dear Reader,

I watched Neil and Buz walk on the moon before I was a teen.  Before that I was in love with the idea of space, space travel, and the amazing vastness of the star.  One of the great things my mum did when I was a child was make a way for me to watch Star Trek.  I was only six when it premiered.  She would send me to bed early and wake me up to watch it.  I fell in love with the idea of space travel.

What I see when I look up is potential.  I see the vast reaches of the cosmos and think of the creativity of God.  What wonders does he have in store for us that we have yet to discover?  Whatever they are I am anxious to discover them.  I think that basically I am a starship captain two hundred years too soon (I hope Jimmy Buffet will forgive me for that).

I am so thankful for the stars.  I contemplate them often.  Tomorrow is my Grandson’s birthday.  He already likes the stars too.  His birthday will have a star theme this year.  It amazes me that there is such a beauty and depth to the universe and that it can also be reflected in a four-year-old boy. 

I clearly see the creativity of God reflected in both.  I hope to nurture his love of the cosmos.  I hope to show my gratitude to the Creator by loving this aspect of his creativity.  I met never get to space in the conventional way.  I know that if it were up to me the place that Christ is preparing for me would be a Starship.  .

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment