20 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Diversity

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are some things that I always want to be the same.  I always want my steak to be rare and juicy.  I always want the Braves to win.  I always want the time with my children to last forever.  There are things that I want to be a constant in the universe.

But I am also thankful for diversity.  I do not mean the political diversity that seems to be pushed at any cost.  I mean the infinite diversity that exists in the world because of divine and human creativity.  I am thankful for the uniqueness of every sunrise, every cloud, and every snowflake.  I find awe and wonder in the natural world.  

I celebrate and love the diversity of people.  Everyone brings his or her own gifts and talents to the world.  Each person offers the particular beauty created in him or her by God.  I love seeing that uniqueness and seeing my Creator reflected in it.

If I am giving thanks I can do it in every moment with others.  Since I am commanded to love everyone if I am looking for how they are fearfully and wonderfully made then I am more likely to overlook flaws and imperfections.

The imperfections will pass when God makes all things right again.  What will remains will be the unique good things created in each of us from the beginning.  I would love it if I had focused on those things in others enough to barely notice the difference.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment