23 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Mercy

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are times when we just need a break.  We do not do what we should or we do not behave properly.  We do not listen to the good advice of others.  We choose to do wrong. 

After the fact we sometimes need mercy.  Mercy is compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone to whom it is within one's power to punish or harm (Webster Online).  There are times when we all need mercy.  I need it every day.

Paul tells us that Jesus is the throne of mercy.  Mercy is seated in Christ  and God’s approval is given through faith in Christ.  There is nothing to be more thankful for than Christ.  His choice is to be merciful to us when we are helpless and completely at his disposal.

In my gratitude for that mercy I must also show mercy to others.  I must be the one who is channeling the mercy of God through me to others.  I must give what I am given.  I must show what I am shown.  That is the true key to showing that I am thankful.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment