14 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Work

Greetings Dear Reader,

I know so many people who will at least once today celebrate that it is Friday.  Many people have work that is unpleasant or even depressing.  In the past I have worked at a job that I dreaded.  I have traveled to it out of duty with no joy on the journey.  I worked only for the weekend, wasting my week wishing I were elsewhere.

Whether it is because of the security of income or that I do something that I love I am thankful for my work.  Life is too sweet and precious to spend the bulk of my day doing something unrewarding.  I am thankful for the skills and gifts that allow me to work.  I am thankful for the education that has prepared me for work.  I am grateful for all that is involved in work.

I enjoy time off to be with family and recreate myself.  I cannot do those things if I am exhausted from doing work that drains me instead of fulfilling me.  I am thankful that the work I do no longer detracts from who I am.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you find your work fulfilling now. I had a job I hated for years and now that I've left I can assure you if I'm again in a position where I dread going into work I will do everything I can to make a change. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete