04 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Education

Greetings Dear Reader,

No matter how I feel about any of it, I have had an excellent education.  My mum sacrificed so that I could go to excellent primary and secondary schools.  The colleges I attended were also excellent.  Good teachers invested time in me.  God gifted me with a good intellect.

I have been able to develop strong work and success at that work because of my education.  I am able to process and apply truth because of the training I have had.  I value learning as a lifelong process because of the training I have received.  I am able to help others.  I have been blessed to teach others and help improve lives because of education.

I have had teachers and mentors along the way who helped shape my knowledge, wisdom, and character.  They have built into me things that are eternal and enduring.  They have given me a higher purchase from which to view the world.  They have been my friends.

I am thankful for the education that I have and realize the accountability it holds for me.  If I do not have gratitude for this then I cannot hope to pass it on properly.  I must avoid the pride that accompanies knowledge and instead seek wisdom.  With gratitude begins the journey toward wisdom that will ensure that my intellect is used for Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment