24 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Writing

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I sit here free to put down whatever words I wish I want you to how much that fills my heart with gratitude.  Not only does it help me work through the mess in my head, it also allows me to create, make a modest income, and share my journey with Christ.

There have been times when I thought to walk away from the blank page.  I think that if I did I would retire to Bedlam.  I work toward doing a certain amount of writing every day.  I work at disciplining my mind and developing my craft.  I pray that my writing helps others. 

Much of what I write is fiction.  This daily send-up that you are reading is my way of chronicling my thoughts and questions along my journey.  Writing allows me an honest opportunity to work out my troubles and struggles.   It allows me to express my joy and hope.  It allows me to speak of things in a way that is safe.

I am thankful for the writing and for your input Dear Reader.  I read, save, and ponder every comment.  As I give thanks for the gift of writing I give thanks for you as well.  I try to choose every word to honor the living Word.  Each word is the essence of communication.  I am thankful for words.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment