24 January 2016

Lurkers and their Real World Minions

Greetings Dear Reader,

First I should explain for the uninitiated what Lurkers are.  Picture stainless steel scorpions with narrow bodies and larger heads.  There are no pinchers.  Now give them venom, speed, and flight.  Their eyes are fiery red and their disposition is hungry.  The closest things to them that are recognizable are the creatures from the movie Aliens or those in Magic the Gathering knows as Slivers.  Both of these creatures are copyrighted and so not the same as those in my dreams.  I refuse to pay royalties on my nightmares.

Slivers
Lurkers are the denizens of my nightmares.  They are the product of a creative mind that is equally efficient in storytelling and night terrors.  When they come they besiege the landscapes of my night with dread and destruction.

I need to find a way for my faith and trust to transcend the barrier between waking and sleeping.  When things go bad in the daytime and I am alone at night the Lurkers visit at will.  They invade seemingly good dreams and terror-form them into indefensible sieges.  They always kill me and sometimes they eat me.  They are the most cruel when the conjure up past pain and insert themselves into my reliving it.

I know that I have family and friends who have trouble with nightmares.  As a fellow traveler I assure you that I do not take it lightly.  The place in following Christ for me must be in exerting faith in the light that my nightmares though real have no power over the day.  This is difficult sometimes but still true. 

It is in this that I must assure that how I feel about the nightmares and those involved in them does not translate into my interactions with real people.  The Lurkers are there waiting and will have their way with me based on the waking pain and hurt I feel.  This does not allow me to treat others with anything less than kindness and grace.  Even my nightmares must be handled in faith.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment