22 January 2016

Sensitivity Training – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

One must be neither oversensitive nor insensitive.  One must always be sensitive to their surroundings.  We move through a world of fellow travelers who have wants, needs, dreams, and desires.  Christ followers are obligated to engage with the needs of others. 

I am obliged to measure my thoughts, words, and actions in a way that shows kindness and love.  My love for others is to be my benchmark.  Nothing gives me an exception for this.  Whether I deliver that through working for social justice or handing out a cup of cool water I must discern what will be the most loving act in any moment.

It is impossible for me to be perfect.  My fellow travelers share the same malady.  If I remain sensitive to this common condition then I can determine which responses show the most love.  I can remember to be kinder, more understanding, and .more forgiving.

It is in the intentional sensitivity to the difference between people and what they do that I live.  Actions may reveal many things about people.  None of those actions allow me to fail to love and respect a person.  Nothing precludes me from being sensitive and engaged with the needs of others.

If I walk through the world with this focus then I can be sure to engage in the love that I am to show to all.   The journey must be one of intentional sensitivity to world around me.  It is in that sensitivity that we find it easier to journey with Christ.  I must remain sensitive at all times.  I must engage with people and love them where they are in every moment.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment