10 January 2016

Sorry Is Not Good Enough – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that the English language is one of a malleable nature.  We use words in ways for which they are not designed.  We shift the meaning of words to our own purposes.  Words are stolen from other languages forced into slavery in ours.

After a time words lose their meaning or their ability to communicate.  Words get overused or meanings become diluted from improper use.  This is the case with the word “Sorry”.  We use this word in too many situations where other words are necessary or preferred.   

Full Definition of sorry from Miriam-Webster:
1:  feeling sorrow, regret, or penitence
2:  mournful, sad
3:  inspiring sorrow, pity, scorn, or ridicule:  pitiful

I have fallen into this trap and need to rectify it.  I am accountable for every idle word.  I must communicate all the things that are replaced by this word in a way that is clear.  Using this word creates some social ease but may neglect some spiritual responsibility.  Over the next few days I will examine how I use this word and filter it through what I need to communicate.

I never wish to fail others by not using the word that is right for the situation.  Walk with me a bit Dear Reader as I examine this.  Please let me know your thoughts and questions as we follow.

I’m Sorry – Brenda Lee

I'm sorry, so sorry
That I was such a fool
I didn't know
Love could be so cruel

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-yes

You tell me mistakes
Are part of being young
But that don't right
The wrong that's been done

I'm sorry
(So sorry) So sorry
Please accept my apology
But love is blind
And I was too blind to see

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-yes

You tell me mistakes
Are part of being young
But that don't right
The wrong that's been done

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-yes

I'm sorry, so sorry
Please accept my apology
But love was blind
And I was too blind to see

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment