03 January 2016

Second Thoughts – Think Worms

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Sand Worms by Pollux 101
So I get think worms.  You do too Dear Reader.  This crystallized for me when I was sharing breakfast with my Children and Grandchildren.   My Son Maxim had an early morning ear worm of the Credence Clearwater Revival song Have You Ever Seen the Rain.  I was pondering how I would approach something about which I wished to write.

More often the Think Worm exerts itself unbidden when I am doing other things.  It is in these exertions that I seem to be caught daydreaming or musing when I ought to be listening or otherwise engaged.  I will need to discipline them to be less intrusive and more reliable.

I also need to realize that they give me some of my best ideas.  Stephen King refers to the “boys in the basement” as the place where some of his ideas exist.  I think of them send up these Think Worms as they unearth them. 

One must also acknowledge that the Father inspires.  Time invested in the things of God will render clearer understanding of God.  I will not pretend that God is comprehensible but I will invest in learning what I can.  This will produce moments of epiphany.  This will yield inspirations that must be captured.

I will ask that you indulge me when I drift away for a moment Dear Reader.  I promise to return but the Think Worms must be captured and their spice rendered.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment