19 January 2016

Sensitivity Training – Information versus Gossip

Greetings Dear Reader,

Gossip is obvious when it comes from the mouth of a person.  We still need avoid it and assure that we do not engage in talk about others that is defaming or demeaning.  It is always wrong to speak ill of others as a form of entertainment.

It becomes more difficult in some arenas.   Sometime we cannot verify the veracity of things that we see in social media.  We also fall prey to repeating things that are funny but may not be accurate.  Humor at the expense of others that is slanderous is still wrong.

I need information to know the needs of others.  I need data to do my job and to relate to my friends.  I must also assure that do not listen to things that are untrue of unkind even if they are true.   Sometimes the line between information and gossip may be very thin.   The knowledge that I need to understand a situation may contain negative information.  I must be vigilant that I do not let a necessary conversation drift over into slander or negative speculation.

It requires that I am constantly sensitive to the conversation.  If it turns to gossip then I must tactfully redirect it.  It is important that I discern between what is true and good when I converse.  After all I am accountable for every idle word.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment