30 January 2016

On Leisure Pursuits – Honest Recreation

Greetings Dear Reader,

Most of you read that word as “rec·re·a·tion (/rekrēˈāSH(ə)n/)”   I try to always read it as “re-cre·a·tion ˌ(rē-krē-ā-SH(ə)n/).   We define recreation as the pursuit of activities done for enjoyment when not at work.  This is a great way to spend leisure pursuits but I think we leave out something vital.

I think that we need pursuits specifically designed to re-create us.  We all know what that is.  We all know what energies who we are over what we do.  If we have forgotten what does this for us then it is vital to rediscover it. 

There are times when we need major re-creation.  Our lives can become in need of a major overhaul.  We also need daily minor course corrections.  We need episodes where we do things to re-create the little things that impact relationships and focus our pursuits. 

We can re-create attitudes, actions, and assumptions.  We can always find ways to rediscover who we are created to be and reinvent our lives in more pleasing and productive ways.  I must re-create who I am in any area that limits my ability to follow Christ.  I must use my leisure pursuits to re-create the things that nourish my kindness and love.  The activity may exhaust or rest me physically.   What matters is that my mind and spirit are drawn closer to being more like my creator.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment