31 January 2016

On Leisure Pursuits – Closing

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a Christ follower I am accountable for all my time.  This means that even my leisure pursuits must be in line with the Father’s design for us.  I must rest purposefully.  I must recreate my life as necessary to conform to the gospel.  I must not abuse sleep.  I must avoid stress and adopt relaxation. 

It seems that managing all this could defeat the purpose of it but this is not how it works.  As will all things I must assure that I make the most of my leisure time.  My leisure pursuits must be ones that recreate and restore me.  Neglecting this will hinder my ability to work and serve will all that I am.

My entire life must be yielded to following Christ.  If I do not follow him in my leisure pursuits then I will not be equipped to do so in the work he has set before me.  It is about being committed to Christ in all that I do.  Even when I am bone weary or emotionally exhausted what I do to rest and recharge must be yielded to Christ and his purposes. 

It comes to assuring that in all that I do I am yielding what I have to Christ.  It comes to monitoring every step of the journey so that they are in the steps of Christ.  I will fail but I must lessen the failures and shorten the time between successes.  Rest well Dear Reader;  we still have work to do.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment