23 March 2018

Celebrations


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I mentioned yesterday we are celebrating Bastion’s birthday tomorrow.  He will be six.  You may ask why this is blog-worthy.   Let me ‘splain; is too much; let me sum up.

We all need a Bastion in our lives.  When he greets me the brilliant flash of his smile and his call of “Grandpa” can drive away the cares of the world in an instant.  He only says “I love you Grandpa” when he means it. 

He always has a story to tell if he thinks you are listening.  His imagination can build and destroy worlds in a moment.   He has drawn entire armies of robots.  He can read much better than he lets on to the adults. 

When he focuses no task is beyond him. When there is crisis or pain his compassion has amazing powers to create hope and promote healing.  Almost every time I visit he asks if I have taken my “cat allergy medicine” because the cat still lives there.  He speaks his mind even when it makes everyone else uncomfortable.

I hope the adventure that is planned for him makes him feel celebrated.  My love for him is boundless.  He draws out my desire to be a better example.  As I said, we all need a Bastion in our lives.  Happy birthday, Grandson.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment