15 March 2018

The Courage to Love ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

It may be that the ultimate risk for humans is to love.  I think about this much more often than I realize.  We risk so much when we love others.  The possibility of rejection and the fear of not being loved play in our minds.  It takes real courage to love others.

I suppose that when I think about this it is on two fronts.  One is when I am focused on showing love to others and one is when I am hurting.   The former is how I try to set my sails daily.  It is the in and out of the day that produces the latter.  It is the ebb and flow of life that feeds how I feel about loving others.

As I have said many times, that is not what gets to determine my love for others.  That is not what must guide me in being good to others and showing them genuine love.  There are times, however, when it takes real courage to love.  From where then does that courage come?  What kind of courage does it take?  How do I rise to the challenge to love in the most difficult situations?

I will never consider setting aside this powerful weapon in the battle for good.  I did that once and it has marked me forever.  I do need to think through what sustains my love for others.  I do need to mark the sources of my courage to take this great risk.  I could use some company whilst I do that.  Your thoughts and questions are always welcome Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment