06 March 2018

Incantations and Secret Rituals ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

There is not one right way to do many things.  Rather, if you only need the result there may be many “right” ways to do a thing.  This is not to say that the end justifies the means.  There are wrong ways to do a right thing.

We often fill faith with incantations and rituals.  We put a hedge around faith to make it look and feel the way that makes us comfortable.  We demand conformity to our rituals in order to be accepted or fit in to our norm. 

As I have been so dependent upon my faith of late, it causes me to ponder what are the things necessary for it to be real.  It causes me look at what is proper faith and practice and what is useless ritual.  What feeds my following?  What is merely empty orthodoxy? 

I am going to work through this as I watch my faith take on hands and feet to keep me moving.  I do not want to take too much baggage on my journey.  I need to unpack this and leave behind the extra weight.  Please keep me company Dear Reader.  I value your companionship and counsel.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment