02 March 2018

Love They Neighbor Revisited ~ The Thinks you Will Think


Greetings Dear Reader,

Let us reason together for a moment.  I have talked about the theoretical but not given much practical.  There are some things I have done to put my mind in the frame of loving my neighbor that seem to work.  Keep the meat and throw away the bones.

The first thing that worked for me was controlling my thinking.  Although I do my best not to use colorful metaphors of the expletive nature, my mind was much poorer at this especially when driving.  One day I realized that if I was going to really learn to love everyone I had to bring my thoughts into captivity.  As my Grandfather used to say when people would swear around him, “What’s down in the well is what comes up in the bucket.”

This means that if I am going to be a loving person I need to do so internally first.  I admit that it is difficult sometimes but it is worth it.  Another aspect of this is learning to filter my thoughts that are negative about people.  Again, I find this the most difficult when I am driving.  I find I am riding along, singing my little songs: “Oh how I love Jesus…”, someone cuts me off, “STUPID JERK!!!”, then back to “Oh how I love Jesus…”

This is not very practical and quite hypocritical.  I need to think differently about people.  I need to discipline my mind daily to think of others as unique creations loved by the Father and, therefore, deserving of my love.  It is much more difficult for me to call someone a jerk, even when they act like one, when I am seeing them through the eyes of the Father.

Tomorrow I will get even more practical.  For now, Dear Reader lets us think about the thinks we think.  They create what we are toward others.  They determine our view of life, the universe, and yes, our neighbors. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment