08 March 2018

Incantations and Secret Rituals ~ Talking to God


Greetings Dear Reader,

Let me be very clear.  There is no ritual or incantation necessary when talking to God.  It does not require the right kind of faith, using the right words, or standing in the right place.  It is not necessary for you to be a “good person” for God to hear you. 

We are supposed to talk to God.  We are supposed to have conversations with him.  It is in this that we are free to express how we feel.  If we look through the Psalms they express the gamut of emotions.  The writers even direct those feelings at God.  By example we see Psalm 13.  David, a man “after God’s own heart” writes the following:

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? 
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.

Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me.

There are times when the right thing to do is to cry out our hurt and anger to the Father.  He will not be angered at us over it.  He already knew we would do it.  It is always allowable to question the Father.  I make sure that I do so with as much faith and love as possible.

Sometimes, however, I am just angry.  At times I am simply overwhelmed and all I can do is cry out ask God to show himself.  He always comes through.  When I am hurting, angry, or feel my hope is draining I must be genuine about how I feel and trust that the Father loves me and has all in his care.  It is always allowable to ask the Father to reveal himself further.  That is where we are headed anyway.

How Long? – Michael Card

How long will you forget, O Lord? (How long? How long?)
How I long to see your face, O Lord? (How long will you hide?)
How I struggle with my thoughts, O Lord! (How long? How long?)
Suffer sorrow in my heart, O Lord! (How long will you hide?)
How Long?    How Long?

Look on me and give an answer, Lord! (How long? How long?)
Give me light or I can live no more! (How long will you hide?)
My foes rejoice when they see me fall! (How long? How long?)
We have overcome and now they call! (How long will you hide?)
How Long? (Will you hide from me?) How Long?
How Long? (Till you set me free?) How Long?

Still, O Lord, You are so good to me! (How long? How long?)
My heart rejoices how you set me free! (How long will you hide?)
You're the savior that I'm hoping on! (How long? How long?)
How I trust in your unfailing love! (How long will you hide?)

How Long? (How long?) How Long?
How Long? (Will you wait forever?) How Long?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment