31 March 2018

What’s the Buzz ~ Holy Week 2018 ~ The Glass Turns


Greetings Dear Reader,

Waiting has become an acquired necessary skill for me. It is not something for which I have a taste and often I dislike it greatly.  It is a requirement in life.  In waiting there are great lessons to be had.

If you have ever turned and hour glass over to restart it, there is that moment where everything is shifting. The sand moves from bottom to top.  Time itself is turned upside-down.  There is that instant where one waits for the time to move again.

This is the moment we are in today.  We wait as Jesus is in the tomb.  We mourn the death and wonder what is next.  Literally everything hangs in the balance as we wait.  There is no random chance to be concerned with.  There is no second plan to review. 

Either Jesus will rise or he will not.  There will be life or we will all perish.  All the faithful can do is wait.  All that belief can buy me is hope.  I cannot make the sand flow again.  Time is full and I must wait.  The world is in need of the promised resurrection.  I cannot force the issue.

The hand that will turn the hours glass is the Father.  I have the advantage of knowing that he will.  Today, however, I remember the value of waiting.  I ponder the not knowing if I were there then.  I choose to have faith that it happened and is real. 

It was Friday with all its darkness and pain.  It is Saturday with the mourning and waiting that holds either hope or despair.  I do not assume that I would be faithful were I there on this day.  I would likely be hiding with the others; exercising fear instead of faith.  It was Friday, today is Saturday, but Sunday is coming…

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment