21 March 2018

Spring 2018


Greetings Dear Reader,

If you live near me in the northern mid-west you know that spring arrived yesterday feeling like a mild winter day.  Wind chills today are expected to take the feeling down to 12 degrees.  There are no buds on the trees and the groundhogs are still hibernating.

The date does not determine the weather here.  The season arrives and the weather usually catches up on the spring side of things.  We have had a couple of warm days but the life has not sprung out of its winter rest.

I hear my friends and the media reminding us that spring does not feel like spring.  Instead I would remind others that the equinox is a promise.  The quality of sunlight already feels different.  The days are growing longer in the light they give.  The human signs of spring are abundant.

Soon enough the world will come back to green and life.  We count on this promise.  We live for it in some ways.  It is the same for that time I await when all things return to real life.  Some day there will be that spring of faith.  There will be that time after the long dark winter when all things return to good. 

I must see my future reflected in the seasons.  As I enter the autumn of life I look toward the spring past the winter and the long dark.  I follow as quickly as I can to find home, hearth, and rest awaiting the budding of life without the decline of the season.  I long for the day when it is always Christmas and never winter.  The undiscovered country promises this.  The world is not well but the King returns.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment