07 March 2018

Incantations and Secret Rituals ~ An Easy Life Guaranteed


Greetings Dear Reader,

We have all seen those ads and web sites that promise we can get rich, earn extra income, or be our own boss.  They go on and on about the secret method or unknown government program they have discovered.  At the end you only need pay a small amount or join their team to reap all the benefits.

These become obvious after a bit.  The more subtle ones can fool us.  There are those who will tell you that life is supposed to be perfect.  The journey is supposed be free of troubles if you only live it right.

This is not true.  Life will have pain, challenges, and tragedies even if we do everything right.  By the way, we do not do everything right.  None of us do.  There is no secret to avoiding the trials that occur in life.  There is no secret to weathering them either.

Since I am in a place where I can only depend on my faith I am learning that I can only depend on my faith.  Even when everything is right I need to ignore my own successes and focus on faith.  We are promised that if we do so we will have what we need.  I have just this week been reminded how real that is.  That story will have to wait, however.

For today, I need to remember that there is no way to make life easier by typing “amen”, sharing a post, or praying just the right prayer.  There is no incantation or ritual that will keep trouble out of our lives.  We can find grace to help in time of need.  We are required to have faith to do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment