24 July 2019

Second Thoughts ~ All Y’all Got to Deal with all Y’all’s Stuff because I Need Some Sleep


Greetings Dear Reader,

First, please understand that everything I am about to write, though important, is said lightheartedly and without any regret.  If you get that, you may proceed and if not, read the first sentence until you can read the pass the second one (this one) with integrity.  It is an attempt to show my love for you with a little humor.


Many of you know that I have a committed morning prayer time during which I gladly will pray for you if you are in need.  My closest friend does the same and, on some occasions, we get to share time together giving intercession for you.  Then there are weeks like this one.  Before I go into that, however, you need to understand my sleep habits a bit.

I retire between 11:00 and 12:00 each evening.  I rise at 4:00.  I have been this way most of my life.  Just this would have justified mother doing away with me when I was a child.  She let me live and has never let me forget that she did.  Still, I sleep very little.  What little sleep I do achieve is deep and resonant.  Back to this week.

Sunday, I had to attend to a private matter and was unable to go to my usual Sunday evening service.  I thought this would be an opportunity to get a bit of extra rest and so I settled in at 10:00 pm with the thought that I would arise at 4:00 ready for Monday.  God had other plans.  I awakened at 2:07 a.m. having had an alarming dream about my friend Jeff.  He and I have had several conversations about the mystical aspects of our faith and my desire to believe them without dancing with them.

I got up and prayed for Jeff.  Once awake, I did not return to sleep.  So, Monday was my usual routine of writing, prayer, work, and writing.  I did get to have a lovely conversation with a close friend and we finished around 11:25 in the evening.  I was asleep by midnight.  I was awakened at 2:07 a.m. (yes, the same time but I am avoiding the mystical stuff) from a dream about Avalon and spent time praying for her.  No return to sleep was there either.  So, Tuesday was again my usual routine of writing, prayer, work, and writing but I am running on half of my usual sleep.

Tuesday, I went to sleep at 10:00 thinking that even if I awakened at 3:00 I would get enough rest to see me through the day.  God was not interested in that.  No dream this time but I woke up at 1:30 a.m. needing to pray for my friend Tripp (had it been 2:07 I would have been a bit nervous).  I prayed and did not return to sleep.  I am sure that the Father gets a kick out of watching me dance this jig and I do not mind dancing it when needed. 

I do wish that you folks would do something for me in the future, however.  Going forward could you please arrange to need prayer between 5:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m., Monday through Saturday.  This is my scheduled prayer time and I am happy to pray for you Dear Reader.  Really, all you have to do is tell the Father not to bother with it until I am available for prayer. 

Seriously, however, it will not matter to me when you need prayer.  You may call, text, message, or ask at any time.  Avalon and I did have an interesting conversation about the need for prayer which I am developing into either a post or a very long book.  We will see how that unfolds.  Until then, please all of you get your act together so that I can get some sleep.
 
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment