05 July 2019

Which Way are WE Going ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Each of us carries the promise of freedom inside.  As people of a country where freedom is the law, we are born into the rights that are associated with it.  We are also born into the responsibilities. Once we are adults, if we do not like it, we have options.

We are permitted to work to change the laws.  We are allowed to move to states where the culture better suits our choices.  We are able to leave the country if we feel another one is more desirable.  The difficulty comes when violate or rage against the structure that gives us these freedoms.

With the freedom to live under the government we have comes the obligation to defend it as well.  Instead, we gather around factions and question the structure because the framers were flawed.  We look back and judge the founding fathers based on their race, religion, and ethnicity.  We fail to learn the historical significance of their time and actions.  We discount their risks based on our judgment of people we never knew.  Worse, we revise their history to fit our political or social agenda and relegate them to villainy.

Further, we insist on or using our freedom as an excuse to do as we please.  Instead of making sure that equal freedom under the law is applied to everyone, we indulge it in living as we please.  We are obligated to care for each other out of brotherly love and kindness.  If we do not provide freedom and care for everyone, we abuse the freedom we have.

It is my obligation to serve others out of love.  If that is my goal, then I will see others as equals and treat them that way.  With love for others as my foundation in word and deed, tolerance of things that are unloving runs contrary to my freedom.  I answer to one who says that love is required in all things.  If this is the litmus test, then denying food, shelter, medical care, and social equality to anyone is against that requirement.

Which way are we going, Dear Reader?  Are we serving our freedom or are we serving the freedom of every human soul?  I cannot claim to be following Christ if I am using my freedom to deny others their needs, oppress those with whom I disagree, or allow crimes against the defenseless.  If I stand on this soil, I accept the obligation to defend freedom for everyone.  I cannot walk the journey home if I do not do so with love and freedom for everyone as my banner.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment