24 July 2019

Within This Moment ~ Above and Below


Greetings Dear Reader,

I like making new words that fit my need for a term that seems to not exist.  I honed the skill by reading Shakespeare.  I initially learned it from my Grandfather.  One of the words he taught when I was quite young was immediance.  It means immediate obedience.  There is a story about it in Sheetrock on the Road.

When considering how we live out Christ’s model prayer in the moment, the idea of immediance becomes vital.  We need to enact the will of the Father here in our lives as it is enacted in his abode.  We are always accountable to see his will through in our lives as the angels do.

Let us camp on that for a moment.  I am to do the will of the Father out of my own free will in every moment of my journey home.  That does not mean I force others to do the same.  Those who do not believe as I do are no less accountable to the Father but I am not allowed to violate their freedom to choose.  I must do what is right even after great failures.  I must own my failures and recover from them. 

It is our obligation to follow Christ in his example of living out the Kingdom here.  We will not eradicate things that are not part of the Kingdom of God.  We can, however, treat others as they should be treated in the Kingdom.  We can view things through a Kingdom lens that allows us to realize that we never run out of love, grace, kindness, forgiveness, mercy, and generosity. 

The freedom we all crave is found in obedience to the ideal of the Kingdom and desiring to make it a reality on earth.  The challenge is to see it as viable in a world that calls it insane.  The obligation is to represent the Father by working to show his will below as it is lived above.  It is not done by forcing others into that will or legislating our interpretation of morality.  It is accomplished Dear Reader by choosing every thought, word, and action in a way that reflects the deep love the Father has for every soul he created.  I promise to love yours and try to show it in every moment.  Anyone who claims to follow Christ should do the same.

If this is our focus, we can get glimpses of the Kingdom here as we travel toward it.  We can practice immediance in our responsibilities to love and grace.  If we do, we will not have time for hatred or prejudice.  That is an excellent way to begin to have above and below live in the same moment. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG    


No comments:

Post a Comment