28 July 2019

Within This Moment ~ Lead us Not


Greetings Dear Reader,

When my younger Son, Bezel was a toddler was obsessed with bouncing balls.  Every time we would go to the store he would begin to intone, “ball, ball, BALL.”  We had to steer clear of the toy aisle where the balls were or this would turn to tear-filled demanding.

We quickly learned to use his desire to manage the behavior and we did not go near the balls if we were in a hurry.  Sometimes we brought one of his four thousand balls he already owned to make him think we had one for him.  This worked and gave the store staff a laugh.

As a father, it was important to me that I did not lead my Son down a path that would lead to want, greed, and selfishness.  We see that the Psalms are filled with requests for the Father to lead us in his way.  Jesus saying this is his way of modeling the opposite of what the Psalms say so often.  The Father will not lead us into places where our weaknesses are enhanced.

The way in which we live this out in the moment is that we choose not to go places where the struggles are stronger and the temptations are powerful.  An example would be the food I keep around my apartment.  I know that if I have a bag of crisps, I will eat them all.  I do not buy bags of them unless I am taking them to a gathering of some kind. 

The moment is where I am tempted and the Father will not lead me into moments where I cannot obey him.  Practicing obedience in every moment makes it easier to obey in the difficult moments.  More importantly, is the idea that I follow in the moment.  More deeply vital is that I am lead by the Son and his example in everything I do.  I fail at this but work to shorten the time between when I fail and when I follow again. 

When I ask you to walk with me Dear Reader, I am asking that you follow with me.  It is not my example that you should see but the example of Jesus loving us both as we struggle along at times crying for a new ball when what we need is to see how much we already have.  It is following in the moment that teaches us to be grateful and interact in love and kindness.  It is in this that we are lead away from temptation and closer to home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment